1:1 Initiatives for 5th Grade
We have approximately 30 - 1:1 Devices: 22 of them will be utilize in math while the other 8 will be distributed to ELA. We will have this up and running beginning December 6th.
Congratulations to Mr. Wooding, Mrs. Ling, Ms. Bartley, and Ms. Fairclough along with the 3rd students for being selected to attend a free standard-based structured school based program at South Carolina Aquarium located in Charleston, SC.
Estill Elementary Presents Princess and the Penguins for Literacy Night
Estill Elementary incorporates Literacy/Numeracy Night with Trunk or Treat on October 31st. On this night of learning, we had games based on reading and math skills along with a character parade. The highlight of the evening was our homegrown author, Mrs. Rosa Roberts-Johnson, who wrote the Princess and the Penguins. She spoke with our parents and students about the importance of reading and having positive self-esteem. As door prizes, we were able to give away 15 or her books.
- Red Ribbon Week – Oct. 24th – 28th
- Pink Out Day – Oct. 26th
- Parent/Teacher Conference – Oct. 27th (4:00 pm – 8:00 pm) ½ Day for Students
- Professional Development – Oct. 28th (8:00 am – 3:00 pm)
- Literacy/Numeracy Night – Oct. 31st (6:00 pm – 8:00 pm)
- Award’s Day Program – Nov. 3rd (K – 2nd) – 9:00 am
(3rd – 5th) – 11:00 am
- Daylight Saving Time End – Nov. 6th
- Election Day – Nov. 8th (No School)
- Veterans Day – Nov. 11th
- American Education Week – Nov. 14th – 18th
- PBIS Celebration – Nov. 18th
- Thanksgiving Holiday – Nov. 21st – 25th
- Interim Report – Dec. 6th
- PTA (Holiday Musical) – Dec. 14th
- PBIS Celebration – Dec. 16th
- Winter Break – Dec. 19th – Jan. 3rd
The summer is almost over and the return to school is vastly approaching. Our goal is to ensure that all students are prepared for the first day of class. Please click on the link below for the school supply list below.
Elementary School Supply List
Congratulations to our A.P.P.L.E.S
(Awarding Professional Performance While Leading Employees and Students)
On May 26, 2016, our district hosted the first A.P.P.L.E.S Gala. All employees were recognized for their years of dedicated service to our students. The annual recognition of Teacher of the Year and District Teacher of the Year were announced. Estill Elementary is proud to announce Ms. Brannette Cohen as the 2015-2016 Teacher of the year as well as the 2015-2016 District Teacher of the Year.